The Symposium of Mexican Students and Studies is an annual multidisciplinary meeting that provides a forum to present current academic work and exchange knowledge and ideas. Throughout sixteen years, the event has become the most relevant academic event in the United Kingdom for students and academics interested in Mexico.
The objective of this event is to bring together the Mexican student community and those interested in Mexican issues, across six different topics:
- Physical Sciences (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy)
- Biological Sciences (Medicine, Biology, Psychology, Genomics)
- Engineering and Technology (Materials, Construction, Aeronautics, Computer Science and Technology)
- Social Sciences (Education, Economics, Business and Management, Political Science, History, Law)
- Arts & Humanities (Art, Music, Literature, Architecture, Religion, Philosophy)
- Environmental Sciences/Energy and Sustainability (Energy Transition, Ecology, Conservation, Climate Change)
- Mexican Studies (Security, Mexico’s History, Politics, Law)
We welcome anyone interested in issues pertaining to Mexico, regardless of your nationality, so please do apply and make a contribution.
In addition to keynote lectures and other plenaries, the conference will accommodate three types of sessions.
Full academic paper sessions - for which single papers can be submitted. They will be presented in a session with 3 or 4 research papers (15 minutes per paper including discussion/questions).
Lightning talk session - 7-minute presentations intended to share ideas and best practices on the key conference topics and spark discussion among conference participants.
Poster presentation - for which dedicated time slots will be available in the program, so that authors can clarify their poster to the circulating audience. Posters could present a research project, some field-work done, a case study, or an early-stage research proposal.
- January 31st, 2019 - Submission of abstracts
- February 28, 2019 - Announcement of acceptance/rejection
- April 15, 2019 - Deadline for conference registration
- May 15, 2019 - Submission of full papers/posters and deadline for conference registration.
Attending the Symposium
There are no fees for registering and attending the Symposium, however bear in mind that each participant is responsible for making their transportation and accommodation arrangements.
We will aim to provide some accommodation options that you will be able to book directly. More information about this will be soon available in our website.
Email us at [email protected]